The Level 3 Award in Community Development is a nationally recognised qualification, and ideal for anyone who is involved directly or indirectly in community development work, either as a community activist, or a voluntary or paid worker. This qualification is accredited by Certa.
Who is the training aimed at?
The Award provides the learner with an opportunity to gain a deeper understanding of the community development approach, as well as exploring group dynamics. The Level 3 Award is also suitable for those learners working in related areas such as health, social care and education.
You can read about Sue and Steph, just two of the dozens community workers who have already used the course to help stengthen their work, here.
This course comprises of three mandatory units:
- Community development values and process - Understanding what community development is
- Community group dynamics - Working with community groups
- Social inequality, injustice and diversity in communities - Understanding differences in communities
Each unit consists of 15 guided learning hours, including tutor supervised and directed study time. This does not include assessment and portfolio or evidence development time.
This qualification will be delivered over approximately four months by distance learning and will include:
- Learner support pack
- Learning sessions, delivered through webinars
- Access to our online learning environment
- Question and answer study time webinars
- Google hangout, webinars or phone call reviews
- Formal and informal forums
The course price also includes all course resources, certification with the awarding body, and online and telephone support.